Saturday, February 25, 2012

NYI get the better of the NYR and Torts

         I want to start this blog off and get right into it about Chemistry. Now all us fans out there, myself excluded have been talking about the proposed deadline moves as possible chemistry busters. I ask you this, where has the chemistry been in the last four games and even the win against Boston. One regulation win in the last four, 3 points total out of the four games and even in the Boston game which we won on the back of Hank's Stellar performance, we were outplayed. So screw chemistry, its clear to see that we need to make a deal, we need to get more skill on this team as grit, determination and hard work can only go so far. Look people, let me explain it to you this way, I am a huge soccer fan, I watch La Liga, BPL, Serie A, Bundusliga, and so on and simply put what separates the good teams from the great teams in the long run are the stars, the ones with all the talent that might not work as hard as the middle of the road guy, but were blessed with all the moves, speed, shot, etc in the world. In my book the same applies to the world of hockey. More to come on this at the end...
        As for last night, I thought John Tavares imposed his skill on the rangers from the first whistle all the way through the shootout. Although he missed his shootout attempt I thought by far he was the best player on the ice all night and his line was insane all night long as well with Moulson get 1 and 1 and Parentau getting 2 goals along with JT 2 assists. Our defense had a tough time staying with his moves and ability to see the ice and move the puck. Ryan Mac made a terrible breakout pass that led to an attempted clear from the isles that hit JT and he made an insane between the legs pass to a streaking Parentau who whistled a slap shot over Biron's shoulder, bottom line is mac has to do better with that puck. The first unit again looked sluggish on the PP and the second unit was buzzing everywhere which was apparent with the goal from Marc Stall that I am sure Nabokov wants back... We started to calm down and play a bit better after this PP and took it to them towards the end of the first... I thought Dubi played a great game, he was all over the ice, skating well, hitting, making plays, proving to the coaching staff that he is worth keeping around although I don't think that will happen. The Isles got their 3rd goal on the PP which is something that has become a ritual for the rangers as of late, giving up PP goals. Clearly in the fits 55 games of the season we did not give up that many at all which is why we are 3rd in the league on the PK, but as of late, the defense seems to be, perhaps a bit tired, or mentally drained, I am not sure what it is, but we are giving up way to much as of late. The game changed when Biron stopped Grabner on a break-a-way attempt in the middle of the second and then only minutes later Gabby buried a break-a-way attempt of his own off a nice dish from AA off the boards. The 3rd goal was a fluke goal from a shot by Step on the PP which went in off the isles d-man... The bottom line is we were lucky to get a point out of the game for sure and need to do a lot better thins evening..
        A lot was made after the game of how Torts kept saying the rangers played "sloppy", which is not wrong at all, but one has to ask the questioning why? Is Torts' message not getting to the players anymore? Is there a Bruce Boudreau type Washington thing happening in the Rangers locker room that we the public are not aware of? I remember saying to my cousin when watching the HBo series 24\7, I felt like this team was going to stop listening to the screaming and cursing of Torts after a while and that type of coaching in all but uselsss in the professional ranks. I love the fire he brings, but to me he doesn't bring enough ice to cool things down when necessary. Now I am not around the team like some of the reporters and blogers, and I am only judging on what I see and what I feel or have felt for the past few seasons, so you have to take that with a grain of salt. I worry that some guys just drown Torts out and to me rightfully so sometimes.. This will be an interesting sage to watch and see how it works out.. Tonight in my eyes is a must win game to get this team back on track and show they are ready to take on the eastern conference in the playoff run... A loss tonight and expect Nash ont he team for Sundays game, and honestly a win tonight you can probably expect the same.. Heave ho one in a row....

E-No Out..

No comments:

Post a Comment