Tuesday, February 28, 2012

          Well followers there is a lot to talk about in regards to lasts night game, but truly not a lot to write about. The bottom line is it was a less then overwhelming performance by either team. I felt like I was watching a pre-lockout game where there was very limited space on the ice, the neutral zones were clogged, everything was kept to the outsides and the puck movement was less then spectacular.
           With that stated, Hank out duels Marty again for his 8th Shutout of the season and he is well on his way to eclipsing his own personal record of 10 in a season. I thought the Richards line had a phenomenal shift which created the first goal and I am not sure Hags is getting enough credit for sneaking that shot past Marty, and Cally not enough credit for the pass.. You could see it in his eyes that he saw that opening in between the pipes and Marty's back and played it right off Marty knowing that he had no shot to actually stop it and would only help it in the goal when he moved. Very creative, quick thinking and move of all very well positioned, I guess they really are that smart at UM... Now as impressive as the first goal was to me, the goal on the empty net by Cally which was none of his doing was a thing of effort and determination. I can't say it enough how impressed I was with the effort that Hags gave to get to the puck after he was molested by Zidlicky's stick over and over again. He kept moving his skates and slide the puck over to Cally for the dunk, hag was well deserving of the first star of the evening for sure.. And Ryan Mac who played 95% of the game like a Mac truck was well deserving of the second star. All I want to say is the next time they play the Penguins he needs to do the same thing to Malkin. The key to shutting down those monster Russians like Ovie, Kovy, Malkin is to stop them from getting their speed up. If you watch them, they circle back a lot to get their speed and for the most part any d-man is literally scared to try to stop them and poke check all the time. If the forwards limit their speed and keep them to the outside, Mac and Girardi and Stall, etc. will have a better chance of riding them out of the play and ending that rush...
           So we picked up the two points we needed to keep the lead in the conference and inch closer to Vancouver with two games in hand on them for the race for the Presidents Trophy.. To me personally and I went over this in yesterdays blog I think that it is not only necessary, but our only chance if we want to win the cup to get home ice.. The garden and New York City will be rocking in June if we are still in it and man I would love to see it. Unfortunately I am stuck here in South Florida until I find a job in NY which I have been diligently looking for over the past few months.. If anyone has a lead, please let me know.. Thanks again for coming to my blog, please become a follower and lets open the lines of communication and get this game going.. Till the next time, a few days off, Ahhhhhh...

E-No Out

2 comments:

  1. I posted this to Carp's blog the other day but you didn't respond. You had some negative things to say about Chris Kreider's game. You attributed the negative comments to sources? what type of "sources" do you have? What is their qualifications to make these determinations? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PJK I am sorry for the delay as i did not see your comment on Carp's Blog. I am not trying to be negative about CK game, just trying to let all out there know that nothing is set in stone. There is a distinct possibility that CK comes to the team and is a 40 point scorer, 20 and 20 or he could also be a 70 point scorer, one never know. My source who of course I would never give up is very close to BC hockey so they feel like they have a good pulse on his game as they have seen CK play probably more then the NYR scouts... So with that said, not that it matters anymore becasue the whole point was put him in the Nash deal, time will only tell if he is ready. I hope I am wrong, I hope my source is wrong saying that he needs a year in the minors to mold to the NHL game, and most importantly, I hope we comes right in a scores and scores often... Time will only tell.... Thanks for teh comments, keep them coming...

    ReplyDelete