Friday, February 24, 2012

         TGIF and bring on the Isles... Now most of this blog will be in reference to the latest rumors surrounding Dustin Brown being available and the NYR being hot on the trail Now all the lastest rumors from the inside guys have him as our second choice behind of course RN.. So with that said, I would like to give you my take on this and see where you all stand..
       
         If and only if slats was in on a top two or four defenseman, if any are still available, I would go after Brown. I know the argument that he would fit in and play our system and is another Cally, but do we really need another cally? I would say the reason we are going after a guy like Rick Nash is because we need his firepower and bringing in a guy like DB would only slightly increase the offense assuming you don't give an AA or Dubi for him...  With that said, if its a staright up Dubi for DB deal and a pick or mid level prospect and we all think Slats has the inside track on Parise or someone of that stature int he offseason, then by all means go for it, free up the extra million plus in cap space, rid yourself of the moderately bad contract given to Dubi and get Parise to come to Manhattan, and then you have the makings of a contender for years to come. I know I am thinking ahead, but isnt the job of a GM to be a master Chess player and see two or three moves ahead? Thoughts everyone??

       I woke up this morning and thought of this crazy trade and I really want to know your thoughts. When I ran it by my cousin who has been a fan and season ticket holder for over 45 years, he asked if I had taken LSD last night.. What is the Rangers Traded Gabby and one of their D propects for Drew Doughty and some mid level proscpet. The LAK have always had a slight infatuation with Gabby and the money works out perfectly. Then Slats goes and gets Nash under the same deal as he is running now.. I know your immediate response is are you bleeping insane, but think about it. Would there be a better defense in the league? Girardi, Mac, Delz, Stall, Doughty, Sauer(when healthy), all I can say is good luck scoring on that... So in essence you are giving up gabby who we all know has been a stud at times this season and been wildly inconsistent at times as well. He has gone on goalless streaks of three games or more 7 times this season. That includes a seven game goalless streak and the current five gamer he is on now.. He is getting older and softer and will wear down before his contract is up in my eyes.. I know I am going to get hammered over this and I can't wait to hear it, but the numbers bear out my point and it might be something worth taking a look at...

         So to summerize my thoughts, Go after Brown if you are getting a top four D-man to solidfy the Top to pairs, and only if you are getting a top four guy. If no top four guy, then get Nash, move who you have to and make it work and win the damn cup this year. However if you are moving brown for Dubi if the nash deal can't work, then I do it for the Cap space to go after Parise int he off season.. Also a little bit on gabby in here that I hope to get hammered about.. Bring it on folks, comments are always welcome and I will get back at you for sure... Let go Rangers Kick the shit out of the Isles tonight...

E-No Out

No comments:

Post a Comment